The National Otto de Greiff is a competition created by the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, in a joint effort with the Universidad de Antioquia, the Universidad de los Andres, the Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, the EAFIT, the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, the Universidad del Norte, the Universidad del Rosario, the Universidad Industrial de Santander and the Universidad del Valle, in order to strengthen their inter-institutional relations to promote research and academic communities.
In this contest, the best undergraduate degree works developed in the year prior to the Contest are evaluated, in each of the member Universities. The works that may participate are the ones that have been selected through an internal contest, among those that obtained meritorious, honorable, laureate mentions or special awards. The objective is to highlight and stimulate those degree works, that, due to their quality, deserve the University Community recognition, in order to promote research in the training of new professionals.
- Registration: Until 27 March 2020.
- Documents reception on system: Until 30 April 2020.
- Evaluation: Until 28 August 2020.
- Awards: November 2020.
The National Otto de Greiff Contest for best degree works is organized in six knowledge areas named as follows:
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Suitable Technologies
- Sustainable development and environmental issues
- Creativity and expression in arts and humanities
- Health Sciences
|#||University Member/ Dependency||Telephone / Email|
|1||Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
|(1) 320 8320 ext. 2093
|2||Universidad de Antioquia
|(4) 219 5102 - 2195103
|3||Universidad de los Andes
|(1) 339 4949 ext.2660
|4||Universidad del Norte
Directorate of Research, development and innovation
|(5) 350 9317 - 350 9420 ext. 4420 4317
|5||Universidad del Rosario
Knowledge and Innovation Management Center - CGCI
|(1) 297 0200 ext. 3206
|6||Universidad del Valle
Academic Vice-rectory - Direction of Self-evaluation and Academic Quality
|(2) 321 2100 ext. 2563
|7||Universidad Industrial de Santander
|(7) 634 40 00 ext. 2128
|8||Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Academic Vice-rectory, National Directorate of Undergraduate Programs
|(1) 316 5000 ext. 18264
- The Works must be of undergraduate level.
- They must have been elaborated during 2019.
- They could be be presented in Spanish or English.
- To be chosen by the corresponding university in its internal selection process.
- They must be presented directly by the university through the system that is enabled for it.
- They must comply with specific requirements within the established dates.
- For each participant work the university must complete the registration form established, and with the requested annexes.
- In addition to the registration form, the following documents are required in PDF format (remember that in all requirements the name of the university must be omitted and only the pseudonym must be used).
- 1. Review-article: consists of a text specially prepared to participate in the contest. It should not include information from the university, the authors or directors. It starts with a title and the pseudonym. It must be written as an article and, in a maximum of 15 pages, it must present in a coherent and fluid way the central elements of the original work of degree: introduction, problem statement, methodology, results, discussion of results, conclusions, bibliography. You can include tables and graphics properly referenced in the text.
- 2. Copy of the concept of the jury that decided to grant the qualification of excellence (Laureate, Meritorious, Honorable Mention, Special Mention, Best Degree Work, etc.).
- 3. Copy of the concept of the jury that granted the right to the University representation in the contest.
- 4. Complete degree work in magnetic media.
Keep in mind that if the form is not completed correctly or the information required is incomplete, the degree work will not participate in the contest.
An example of a form with the information that each institution requires from the participants can be downloaded here. (Each institution can make its own form by adding the fields it considers relevant)